Play Leadership North
Become an SPRA certified Play Leader!
Play Leadership Training ensures that Play Leaders have the knowledge and skills necessary to plan and coordinate safe, accessible and enjoyable play opportunities for children. The training consists of 5 modules, each dealing with a core competency for the Play Leader:
- Working with your Community
- Engaging all Children
- Playing with Children
- Planning for Play
- Developing your Skills
Upon Completion of the Play Leadership Course, Leaders will:
- Understand the requirements to support the aims and goals of their community recreation program.
- Have the knowledge required to coordinate safe and accessible play opportunities.
- Develop strategies to address the diversity of cultural, behavioural, physical and personal needs that children possess.
- Have the skills and knowledge necessary to plan and coordinate free, creative and active play opportunities.
- Recognize and model the characteristics of a successful Play Leader.
If you would like to have Play Leadership come to your community please contact your Community Relations Coordinator in your area.
PLEASE NOTE: ‘Training Completion’ certificates will be issued. For full certification as an SPRA Play Leader, you must submit your Standard First Aid/CPR certificate within 2 years of this workshop. If already completed, please bring First Aid/CPR card to the training.