Girl Power & 2BBoys Facilitator Training
Nov 27, 2018 – Nov 28, 2018
Registration deadline: Nov 13, 2018
Location: Holiday Inn Prince Albert
Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm each day
What is it?
- Training that prepares front line workers to launch or grow ‘ready-to-use’ youth groups in your community and school.
- Incorporate traditional teachings to empower and engage youth in your community.
- Understand more about the factors influencing youth in your community and how you can create more meaningful programming as a result.
Who should attend?
This is a mandatory training event for the NC&SRCP. This training is targeted specifically at Community & School Recreation Coordinators (CSRC). Space is limited! If you are interested in attending, but not a CSRC, please contact NSCRD to see if there is available space.
Assists youth to:
- Believe in themselves
- Stay true to their values and perceptions
- Improve interpersonal skills with friends and peers
- Raise insight
- Increase emotional intelligence
- Learn new pro-social behaviours
Sherry Bezanson, BSW, M. Ed (Couns. Psych.), RRC, RRP: Sherry is the program developer and has worked in First Nation communities and organizations across Canada providing trainings for the Girl Power, Fempower and 2BBoys programs. She has a worked with youth and adults for over 25 years in the counselling field. She has a private practice in Nanaimo and Ladysmith, BC.
Return to Listing