NewsReturn to listing
NSCRD Job Posting
24 May 2016
THE NORTHERN SPORT, CULTURE AND RECREATION DISTRICT (NSCRD) WANTS TO EMPLOY YOU TO
- Facilitate community development initiatives,
- Assist with coordination of the district network.
- Continue with the development of the NSCRD as an organization.
WORKING AS A COMMUNITY RELATIONS COORDINATOR (CRC) FOR THE CENTRAL SERVICE AREA
This position is the primary contact for communities to access resources through NSCRD; as such the position is critical to ensure that communities understand the direction of NSCRD so that they can take full advantage of the resources and support available while at the same time ensuring that communities actively participate in creating NSCRD’s direction. This position is central to NSCRD’s capability to develop and implement its strategic direction.
The NSCRD is a non-profit organization that facilitates and fosters the development and delivery of sport, culture, recreation and leadership programs and services which are responsible to and benefit people and communities in the north.
The following skills/knowledge as obtained through completion of post-secondary education in the field supplemented by two to three years experience in a similar position:
- Demonstrated experience in community development frameworks and processes;
- Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering programs and services to volunteer groups.
- Familiar and aware of the history, culture, traditions and beliefs of First Nations and Métis people.
- Knowledge of sport, culture and/or recreation systems and structures in Saskatchewan.
As a member-based organization, the position also requires an individual with:
- Good organization and planning skills in order to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Commitment to being a team player and working to meet team goals.
- Ability to manage conflict and work to facilitate consensus.
- Ability to communicate and work with community members to meet their needs is essential.
- Ability to convey, listen to and interpret sensitive and complex information and opinions of diverse audiences with clarity, conciseness and professionalism, in both verbal and written contexts.
- Willingness to share areas of competence with others and willing to coach and encourage the meaningful contribution of others both within and external to the organization.
- Ability to show personal leadership within the position, through setting priorities, delegating work and meeting timelines consistently.
- Strategic thinking/problem solving skills and the ability to anticipate upcoming opportunities and challenges determine required outcomes and use innovative approaches to develop supportive systems and processes.
- Willingness to participate in the ongoing change process required of an organization.
The position is full-time (37.5).
Travel outside of their home community will be required to attend NSCRD events, programs and meetings; this will include overnight travel.
The office for the position will be within the NSCRD office space in La Ronge.
Closing date: 12:00 noon on Friday June 10th, 2016
Please submit your resume to:
Michelle Hewison – General Manager
La Ronge, SK
Fax: (306) 425-4036
Our thanks are extended to all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Return to listing