NSCRD Coaches, Officials & Athlete Development
NSCRD will help communities access sport development opportunities specific for athlete, coach and officials development in a multi-sport setting or sport specific. Our job to is to help communities access the provincial sport system to meet their needs.
The NSCRD is proud to be partnered with the Aboriginal Coaching & Officials Program and the Coaches Association of Saskatchewan to increase the number of coaches and officials certified in the North.
Role of the NSCRD specific to NCCP multi-sport:
- Be proactive in working with communities to plan & host NCCP multi-sport workshops within NSCRD on an annual basis. The workshops are as follows: Comp Part A & B, Making Ethical Decisions (MED), Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS), Aboriginal Coaching Manuel (ACM) and NCCP PD
- Assist CAS in identifying qualified Learning Facilitators within NSCRD to be trained to deliver NCCP
- Provide communities with the workshop hosting guidelines and procedures
- Work with ACOP & Tribal Council leaders to ensure NCCP is being offered & promoted to Aboriginal Coaches within the District
- Assist the host with advertising and promotion of the workshops within and outside of the District
- Assist with general promotion and awareness of the NCCP within the District
- Assist in educating coaches the importance of NCCP training and the value it can have in your communities
- Promote upcoming coaching events, workshops, PD sessions, conferences, coach recognition, etc
- Promote coaching grants and funding opportunities
- Support Coaches week in Saskatchewan each year
Looking for Coaches and Officials funding support? Please follow the link for support: http://www.sasksport.sk.ca/funding.php
Steps in order to Host your own Coaching or Officiating Clinic in your community??
If your looking to host your own workshop/clinic in your community please look at the below guidelines to get started.