Call For Board of Directors Nominations
Date: April 5, 2019
From: Terri-Lynn Beavereye, Chairperson
Re: Request for nominations of individuals to serve on the Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District Board of Directors
The Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District is accepting nominations for four (4) Board of Director positions as follows:
General Member at Large (Four Positions) June 2019 – June 2022
Nominations close at 12:00 midnight on Friday May 3, 2019
The nomination and election of Directors to the Board shall be conducted in accordance with the following process:
Nominees for General Member at Large must reside within the Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District at the time of election.
All nominators must:
- Ensure the Board of Directors Nomination Form is completed; including the signature of a General Members of the Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District.
- A General Member is: Northern Municipalities and First Nation Band Councils situated within the Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District.
- Attach a personal resume of the Nominee to the Nomination Form; including involvement and/or interest and a listing of qualifications and skills.
- Ensure the Nominee Acceptance Form is completed and attached to the Nomination Form.
- Return the completed Nomination Form and attachments to the Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District office by Friday May 3, 2019.
All nominees must:
- Complete the Nominee Acceptance Form.
- Incomplete or unsigned Nomination Forms will not be considered.
- Nomination Forms are to be returned to: Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District, Box 1097 La Ronge, SK S0J 1L0. Attention: Michelle Hewison
- If further information is required, please contact Michelle Hewison, General Manager at (306) 425-3127.
- The election process will be held from May 10 to June 7, 2019 using a mail in voting process.
- General Members (as noted above) of the Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District are eligible to vote.
- Nominees can only be nominated for one position.
- The successful individuals will be announced at the Annual General Meeting of the Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District on June 17, 2019.