On August 1, 2006 the six northern organizations with a mandate to provide sport, culture and recreation programs and initiatives amalgamated to form the Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District Inc. These organizations included; the Northern Recreation Coordinating Committee, the Athabasca Regional Recreation Association, Beaver River Regional Recreation Association, Clearwater Regional Recreation Authority, Neyanun Regional Recreation Authority and the Sagastew Regional Recreation Association.
Healthy individuals and communities through increased capacity to deliver sport, culture and recreation.
To facilitate and foster the development and delivery of sport, culture, recreation and leadership programs and services which are responsible to and benefit people and communities within the northern administrative district.
Our volunteers and staff work with the following set of values:
- Respect for people;
- Facilitating/servicing the expressed needs of“community,” volunteers and clients;
- High quality of services and programs;
- Exemplifying the qualities of trust, integrity, competence and honesty;
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity; and
- Transparency and accountability.