Call For Board of Directors Nominations
Date: April 6, 2018
From: Terri-Lynn Beavereye, Chairperson
Re: Request for nominations of individuals to serve on the Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District Board of Directors
The Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District is accepting nominations for four (4) Board of Director positions as follows:
General Member Area Director – Beaver River June 2018 – June 2021
General Member Area Director – Clearwater June 2018 – June 2021
General Member Area Director – Athabasca June 2018 – June 2021
General Member at Large June 2018 – June 2021
Nominations close at 12:00 midnight on Friday May 11th, 2018
The nomination and election of Directors to the Board shall be conducted in accordance with the following process:
Nominees for General Member at Large must reside within the Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District at the time of election.
Beaver River Area – Northern Village of Beauval, Northern Village of Cole Bay, Northern Village of Green Lake, Northern Village of Ile a la Crosse, Northern Village of Jans Bay, Northern Hamlet of Patuanak, Northern Village of Pinehouse, Northern Hamlet of Dore Lake, Northern Settlement of Sled Lake, Canoe Lake Cree Nation – Canoe Narrows, English River First Nation - Patuanak.
Clearwater Area - Northern Village of Buffalo Narrows, Northern Village of La Loche, Northern Hamlet of Michel Village, Northern Hamlet of St. George's Hill, Northern Hamlet of Turnor Lake, Northern Settlement of Bear Creek, Northern Hamlet of Black Point, Northern Settlement of Descharme Lake, Northern Settlement of Garson Lake, Birch Narrows Dene Nation – Turnor Lake, Buffalo River Dene Nation - Dillon, Clearwater River Dene Nation – La Loche
Athabasca Area - Northern Hamlet of Stony Rapids, Northern Settlement of Camsell Portage, Northern Settlement of Uranium City, Northern Settlement of Wollaston, Black Lake Densuline First Nation - Black Lake, Fond du Lac Denesuline First Nation – Fond du Lac, Hatchet Lake Denesuline First Nation- Wollaston Lake
All nominators must:
- Ensure the Board of Directors
Nomination Form is completed; including the signature of a
Federated or General Members of the Northern Sport, Culture and
- A Federated Member is: Saskatchewan School Boards Association and New North SANC Services Inc.
- A General Member is: Northern Municipalities and First Nation Band Councils situated within the Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District.
- Attach a personal resume of the Nominee to the Nomination Form; including involvement and/or interest and a listing of qualifications and skills.
- Ensure the Nominee Acceptance Form is completed and attached to the Nomination Form.
- Return the completed Nomination Form and attachments to the Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District office by Friday May 11th, 2018.
All nominees must:
- Complete the Nominee Acceptance Form.
- Incomplete or unsigned Nomination Forms will not be considered.
- Nomination Forms are to be returned to: Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District, Box 1097 La Ronge, SK S0J 1L0. Attention: Michelle Hewison
- If further information is required, please contact Michelle Hewison, General Manager at (306) 425-3127.
- The election process will be held from May 14th to June 8th, 2018 using a mail in voting process.
- Federated or General Members (as noted above) of the Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District are eligible to vote.
- Nominees can only be nominated for one position.
- The successful individuals will be announced at the Annual General Meeting of the Northern Sport, Culture and Recreation District on June 15th, 2018.